OutlawZ
April 18, 2024, 03:57:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the OutlawZ clanforum.

Home Help Search Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Had to remind Thomas of some song

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Had to remind Thomas of some song  (Read 4499 times)
Rafman
Outlaw
>100 posts

Distance from law: 19

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Windows User Level 5 Combination
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2011, 05:09:52 pm »

Aaah, there's the difference with my interpretation of music. For me, melody is what comes in the first place, rhythm in the second place and the message will only come last. That's the reason why I for instance do not enjoy rap music all that much. The song is there built around a text and the melody is secondary to the text and rhythm. I like vocals, if they are complentary with the melody. The real goa or psytrance is therefor also a no-no for me, as the song is based on the hypnotic rhythm rather than a melody.
It is good that others think the opposite. Makes the world a more diverse and interesting place.

This one struck me with pleasure:
Allegri - Miserere mei, Deus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36Y_ztEW1NE&feature=related
During the Summer holidays, we went to France where in a church this type of music was playing. Yes! Church music! Beautiful Renaissance's polyphony to be more specific! So soft, so much emotions! Made me think of its use as a breakdown in an uplifting trance project! How divine would that be! Cheesy The notation of these works are however hard to decipher and thus, hard to study how exactly such polyphonic melodies should be written to produce their "effect".
Report Spam   Logged

Behind every great man, there's a great harem.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: